We have just released a new minor version of the InstantUV SDK and MOPS CLI, v1.3.
There are three new features in this version:
- First experimental version of glTF import (binary and non-binary, triangle data only, not all maps supported yet)
- New SDK API function transferFromOther (allowing to insert into chart pointer vectors at arbitrary positions)
- New SDK API function makeSingleIndexed (turns multi-indexed data with aribtrary attributes into a single-indexed representation)
We also added two new settings for export, and modified existing defaults in order to optimally support most use cases out-of-the-box:
- Option export:unlitMaterials to use KHR_materials_unlit on glTF export
- Option export:centerModel to center models on export (default: false)
- Default for unwrapping:method changed to isometric (higher quality, but slower for large meshes)
- Defaults for segmentation:chartAngleDeg and segmentation:cutAngleDeg adapted to improve quality and performance for average input
As usual, this release comes with a couple of performance improvements and bugfixes:
- Fixed handling of degenerate topology (primitives with repeating indices)
- Fixed preservation of existing normals for unwrapping with overlap removal
- Charts resulting from overlap removal always have consistent ordering
- Fixed wrong timings for parallelized parts in debug-level log output
- For setting logging:infoLevel, interpreting values higher as 4 always as DEBUG
- Performance tweaks
- Several smaller fixes
In addition, there is now an new tutorial, dedicated to using the –Make_Compact function of MOPS CLI, with a hands-on example on first steps and parameter tweaking.
MOPS CLI 1.3.0 can simply be downloaded and installed as usual, and will, of course, work with all keyfiles valid for 1.x.